Find out more about this course
Tel: +61 (0)8 9322 3202
or fill out the form below
SIT50212 - Diploma of Events
1 Year Full Time; This course is also available part time
Australia’s convention and event industry has been one of the fastest growing and contributes more than $8 billion to the national economy every year. Australia is developing a reputation as a destination that can bid for, manage and produce conventions and events of all shapes and sizes like the 2000 Olympics and the Rugby World Cup.
This diploma has been developed with industry and academic leaders in convention and event management. The program offers a balanced integration of theoretical study and practical training. Through our integrated work experience program, students also become familiar with the practicalities of working in the conventions and event industry in areas such as events management and convention, meetings and exhibitions management.
Students also undertake 36 industry work placement shifts as part of this course.
Pathways to a Higher Degree
Successful graduates of the Diploma of Events may receive up to four (4) units of credit into the Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management at the Australian School of Management.
Course Subjects SIT50212
SIT12DIP201: Planning In-House Events
- SITXEVT301Access information on event operations
- SITXEVT401Plan in-house events or functions
SIT12DIP202: Processing and Managing Event Registration
- SITXEVT302Process and monitor event registrations
- SITXEVT303Coordinate on-site event registrations
- SITXCCS401Enhance the customer service experience
SIT12DIP002: Leadership and Motivation
- SITXHRM402Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT401Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT502Manage projects
SIT12DIP204: Event Staging and Logistics
- SITXWHS301Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITXEVT503Managing event staging components
SIT12DIP205: Planning and Managing Event Sites and Infrastructure
- SITXEVT502Select event venues and sites
- SITXEVT504Organise event infrastructure
SIT12DIP008: Financial Information for Decision Making
- SITXFIN501Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN402Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN401Interpret financial information
SIT12DIP203: Conferences Management
- SITXEVT501Develop conference programs
SIT12DIP006: Marketing Principles and Practices
- SITXMGT501Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXGLC501Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- BSBWRT401Write complex documents
- SITXMPR404Coordinate marketing activities
To be eligible for the Diploma of Events, a candidate shall complete all of the eight (8) course subjects listed.
Students who wish to have their AQF qualification and/or Statement of Attainment recognised must submit the documentary evidence before enrolment to the Admissions Department. Once the enrolment has been accepted, no further exemptions will be granted. Further details are available from the Admissions Department.
It is important to note that ACAE adopts a number of assessment items or tools that are designed to best suit your course and the knowledge and skills that is required to be demonstrated by each participant. All assessments are identified clearly in our subject guides which are provided to students upon enrolment. The subject guide provides a great amount of detail on the timing and style of assessment. It is important to note that participants need to demonstrate competency through each of the prescribed assessment items throughout your time enrolled in the course. In general the following assessment items apply for this course.
- Practical Demonstrations
- Knowledge Based Tests
- Case Studies
- Industry Placement Portfolios
- Check points
Click here if you wish more detail for each assessment item
February and July
(see fee schedule for yearly dates)
All students are required to have completed the equivalent of Australian School Year 12. More information is available at Admission Requirements for Local Students and Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Subjects must be taken in the order that they are offered and at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- The information above is correct at the time of publishing. However, all programs may be subject to ongoing review by the Management Committee.
Local Student Fees
International Student Fees