Find out more about this course
Tel: +61 (0)8 9322 3202
or fill out the form below
SIT31113 - Certificate III in Patisserie
1 Year Full Time; Part time is also available
Qualifying as a Pastry Chef is new and innovative in Western Australia. This new trade qualification was approved by the Department of Training and Workplace Development in March 2010. This certificate provides you with the Chef Patissier qualification including a practical industry placement, students are also required to complete a minimum of 250 hours of industry work placement.
The Certificate III in Patisserie is equivalent to the off-the-job training of the Chef Patissier apprenticeship. The course includes industry internships providing you the necessary on-the-job experience in a pastry kitchen.
The process of qualifying with trade equivalence may take up to 3 years, however students are employed throughout this time in the industry gaining substantial and relevant experience. The placements are organised by ASCA.
Course Subjects SIT31113
SIT12C2001: Food Safety and Kitchen Hygiene
- SITXFSA101Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXWHS101Participate in safe work practices
- SITHKOP101Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXFSA201Participate in safe food handling practices
SIT12C2002: Principles and Methods of Cookery
- SITHCCC201Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC203Produce stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC207Use cookery skills effectively
- SITHCCC101Use food preparation equipment
- SITXINV202Maintain the quality of perishable items
SIT12C3003: Specialist Dietary Foods and Menu Costing
- SITHCCC307Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP302Plan and cost basic menus
- SITXHRM301Coach others in job skills
- HLTAID003Provide first aid
SIT12C2004: Cold Larder and Deserts
- SITHPAT306Produce desserts
- SITHCCC103Prepare sandwiches
SIT12P3001: Pastries, Cakes and Baked Products
- SITHPAT301Produce cakes
- SITHPAT303Produce pastries
- SITHPAT304Produce yeast based bakery products
SIT12P3002: Classical and European based Tortes and Gateaux
- SITHPAT302Produce gateaux, torten and cakes
- SITHPAT305Produce petit fours
SIT12C2003: Kitchen Work Practices
- BSBWOR203Work effectively with others
- BSBSUS201Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- The following subject is an Elective Subject (Awarded on accompanying Statement of Attainment)
SIT12P3003: Chocolate, Sugar Work and Showpieces
- SITHPAT401Prepare and model marzipan
- SITHPAT402Produce chocolate confectionary
- SITHPAT403Model sugar based decorations
- SITHPAT404Design and produce sweet buffet showpieces
SIT12C2004: Cold Larder and Deserts
- SITHCCC202Produce appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC308Produce cakes, pastries and breads
In order to successfully complete the course applicants must complete all of the subjects / units listed above.
*The course is not suitable for persons unable to handle meat, seafood, poultry or dairy products.
*Please be aware that the uniform requirements for the kitchen are compulsory and no concessions can be made.
It is important to note that ACAE adopts a number of assessments items or tools that are designed to best suit your course and the knowledge and skills that is required to be demonstrated by each participant. All assessments are identified clearly in our subject guides which are provided to students upon enrolment. The subject guide provides a great amount of detail on the timing and style of assessment. It is important to note that participants need to demonstrate competency through each of the prescribed assessment items throughout your time enrolled in the course. In general the following assessment items apply for this course.
- Practical Demonstrations
- Knowledge Based Tests
- Case Studies
- Industry Placement Portfolios
- Check points
Click here if you wish more detail for each assessment item
All students are required to have completed the equivalent of Australian School Year 10. More information is available at Admission Requirements for Local Students and Admission Requirements for International Students.
Local Student Fees
International Student Fees