Find out more about this course
Tel: +61 (0)8 9322 3202
or fill out the form below
SIT31016 - Certificate III in Patisserie
9 Months Full Time; Part-Time also available
Delivered in Perth and Melbourne
The course design includes a broad spectrum of theoretical knowledge and practical patissier preparation and presentation techniques. The course is taught in one of our fully equipped commercial kitchens enabling students to master a wide range of fine patisserie skills through practice under the guidance of a qualified Patisserie Trainer.
The course also includes an industry work placement which provides you with the necessary on-the-job experience in a pastry kitchen or within a patisserie business. The placements are organised by ACAE.
For students who wish to gain the Patisserie Trade Qualification after completing the qualification, you will be required to gain the equivalent of 3 years on-the-job experience in a pastry kitchen through an apprenticeship arrangement.
Course Subjects SIT31016
C001: FOOD SAFETY
- SITXFSA001Use hygienic practices for food safety*
- SITXWHS001Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA002Participate in safe food handling practices
C002: INTRODUCTION TO COOKERY
- SITHCCC001Use food preparation equipment
- SITHKOP001Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHCCC007Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
C003: COOKERY METHODS AND OPERATIONS
- SITXINV002Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITHCCC005Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- BSBWOR203Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC011Use cookery skills effectively
P004: PATISSERIE OPERATIONS 1
- SITHPAT004Produce yeast-based bakery products
- SITHPAT006Produce desserts
- SITHCCC018Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
P005: PATISSERIE OPERATIONS 2
- SITHPAT003Produce pastries
- SITXHRM001Coach others in job skills
- BSBSUS201Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
P006: PATISSERIE OPERATIONS 3
- SITHPAT001Produce cakes
- SITHPAT002Produce gateaux, torten and cakes
- SITHKOP002Plan and cost basic menus
P007: CHOCOLATE AND PETIT FOURS
- SITHPAT005Produce petits fours
- SITHPAT008Produce chocolate confectionery
- SITHPAT007Prepare and model marzipan
*Denotes a pre-requisite unit that needs to be completed before other units are undertaken.
- Subjects indicated are not necessarily in the order in which they will be taught however all subjects must be taken in the order that they are offered and at the discretion of the Management Committee for all courses at ACAE.
- The course is not suitable for persons unable to handle meat, seafood, poultry, nuts or dairy products.
- The information in this brochure is correct at the time of publishing; all programs may be subject to ongoing review by the Management Committee and in accordance with Training Package requirements from time to time.
- Overseas Students must be enrolled in a full-time course.
- Please be aware that the uniform requirements for the kitchen are compulsory and no concessions
can be made.
In order to successfully complete the course applicants must complete all of the subjects / units listed above.
It is important to note that ACAE adopts a number of assessments items or tools that are designed to best suit your course and the knowledge and skills that is required to be demonstrated by each participant. All assessments are identified clearly in our subject guides which are provided to students upon enrolment. The subject guide provides a great amount of detail on the timing and style of assessment. It is important to note that participants need to demonstrate competency through each of the prescribed assessment items throughout your time enrolled in the course. In general the following assessment items apply for this course.
- Practical Demonstrations
- Knowledge Based Tests
- Case Studies
- Industry Placement Portfolios
- Check points
Click here if you wish more detail for each assessment item
All students are required to have completed the equivalent of Australian School Year 10. More information is available at Admission Requirements for Local Students and Admission Requirements for International Students.
Local Student Fees
International Student Fees