The Australian College of Applied Education (ACAE) founded in 1989 prime objective is to provide high quality vocational education and training services to local students and communities, international students and corporate clients, whilst always embracing our philosophy of "lifelong learning". ACAE prides itself on its excellent reputation, highly qualified staff, industry partners, current training practices, student support, state of the art facilities and industry placements which overwhelmingly over time have resulted in ACAE having some of the most positive employment outcomes for all graduates of our courses.
The Australian College of Applied Education has an appointed Board of Directors, Management Committee, and Industry Advisory Board allowing it to draw on a range of expertise in the training and education industry from within and across our board membership.
Boards and Committees
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are appointed by the Shareholders of Australian College of Applied Education (ACAE) in accordance with the company constitution and bylaws. The board of directors are appointed members who jointly oversee the activities of our organisation. In accordance with the constitution, the board of directors are charged with:
- governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
- selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the chief executive;
- ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
- approving annual budgets; accounting to the shareholders for the organization's performance.
The Management Committee are appointed by the Board of Directors and are charged with a range of responsibilities including having input to the Strategic Direction of the organisation and seeing the visions and strategy being brought to life from an operational perspective. Management Committee Members are appointed for their unique Skill Sets.
Management Committee members are active in the day to day running of the college.
Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Education Advisory Board is a board appointed by ACAE. The board is made up of key industry professionals selected from a broad cross section of industry. Board members agree to the following charter;
- To provide input to the ACAE on current and future education needs for the Tourism & Hospitality industries
- To offer guidance and suggestions on education, research and partnership opportunities
- To interact with academic staff to review the Australian College of Applied Education's existing and proposed programs
- To represent ACAE to the industry
- To act as a "Brains Trust" and resource
- To provide input to students on the realities of the industry and future career opportunities